The Daily Mail reports: Michael Gove insisted the UK has ‘robust protocols’ on cyber security today amid claims Liz Truss’s personal mobile phone was hacked by agents suspected of working for the Kremlin. The Cabinet minister said such issues were taken ‘incredibly seriously’ as he was grilled on the extraordinary revelations in the Mail on Sunday. Cyber-spies…
Category: Non-U.S.
Il: Security breach in Shas database could expose information of millions
Roman Meitav reports: A serious security breach in the Shas Party’s computerized election management system has left it vulnerable to easy exploitation, even by those with only basic knowledge of cybersecurity, according to tech experts. The breach in the system, which contains not just the data of Shas supporters and activists but rather the information of all Israeli…
Alleged administrator of “Germany on the Deep Web” marketplace arrested
The following is a machine translation of a press release on BKA.de, website of Germany’s federal criminal police, Bundeskriminalamt, that appeared on October 27: The Darknet marketplace “Germany on the Deep Web ” was the main point of contact for drug trafficking for several years. The alleged operator of the illegal platform has now been arrested. The Federal Criminal…
Taiwan Ministry of Interior denies responsibility for data leak
Matthew Strong reports: The Ministry of Interior (MOI) on Saturday (Oct. 29) denied being the source of a data leak reportedly posting private details of 200,000 people online. Media coverage said the information had been found for sale on the BreachForums site Oct. 21, with most of the people affected being residents of Yilan County…
AU: Police called after SA Liberal Party caught up in alleged data breach
Angie Raphael reports: Police are investigating an alleged major data breach involving the private details of about 2000 members of the South Australian Liberal Party. Detectives are investigating allegations party officials were impersonated, with names, addresses, phone numbers and other data allegedly stolen. In an email to members on Friday, the party said it “recently…
Aurubis says it was target of cyberattack
Reuters reports: Aurubis, Europe’s biggest copper smelter, said it had been the target of a cyberattack overnight that has forced it to shut down its IT systems and disconnect them from the internet. “The IT systems are currently being examined,” Aurubis said on Friday, adding that it was reviewing the scope of the impact. Read…